UCaaS vs CCaaS vs CPaaS
The insatiable appetite for customers to have faster, more convenient means of communicating with their service providers has given prominence to UCaaS, CCaaS, and CPaas over the past two decades.
All business departments, including the call center, sales department, and customer service teams, need to organize and update their communication strategies consistently and in real-time, especially with the world adjusting to remote workforces and collaboration driven by changing conditions.
This article will help you understand Unified Communications, Unified Communications as a Service, Contact Center as a Service, and Communication Platforms as a service.
What is Unified Communications as a Service?
Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) depicts the integration of your business communication channels with capabilities including Voice Communication, Conferencing, SMS Messaging, Chat Applications, mobility, and communications-enabled business processes to improve customer interactions.
Purchasing unified communications services saves you the costs of storing and maintaining the platform and communication software. The provider hosts all UCaaS services that you and your clients access using the Internet. Your customer’s experience gets improved because they have the liberty to contact your business in a way they find convenient.
Your teams can instantly access company tools and data when serving customers minus switching between applications. UCaaS solution enables multiple business-stream management using a single interface.
The Benefits of UCaaS
- Improved Customer Experience: Customers have the liberty to reach your business using preferred multiple channels (social, mobile, email, live chat, phone). Also, your call center agent has a better ability to access all company tools across the UCaaS interface.
- Very Cost-effective: No need to purchase hardware or reconfigure phone architecture.
- Integrated Communication: Teams can easily track and maintain workloads using UCaaS-supported tools and existing internal communication systems.
- Plug and Play: IT completes expansions, reductions, reorganizations, and other changes to a call center’s structure in the cloud.
- High Flexibility: You can add, remove, integrate communication channels with a few clicks and implement a new system with minimalistic team training.
What is Contact Center as a Service?
Contact Center as a Service (CCaaS) products get developed and provided using application programming interfaces (APIs) that give you smooth access across different operating systems and web browsers. Your CCaaS provider hosts the platform you use and ensures the software remains updated.
There is no requirement to own any hardware because the platform gets hosted and managed in the cloud. Common CCaaS capabilities include:
- Virtual Attendant
- Call recording
- Advanced Analytics and Reporting
- Real-Time Monitoring and Agent Caching
- Automated Call Distribution
- Softphone Application for Inbound and Outbound Dialing
The Benefits of CCaaS
- Broad Features: You can easily pick convenient customer communication channels. Voice, Text, Video Calls, and other call center features get embedded into typical CCaaS platforms.
- Advanced Analytics: CCaaS platforms allow you to track calls, review call records, and track call-agent performance management.
- Plug and Play: Many CCaaS packages are “out of the box.” Meaning you can use your CCaaS software as soon as you install it on your network.
- Value for Your Money: CCaaS does not require hardware investments, server space, or specialized administrators on-site.
What is Communications Platform as a Service?
Communications Platform as a Service (CPaaS) enables you to customize and add functions to your running applications. For instance, you can leverage CPaaS to provision mobile app communications with customers through your app instead.
The Benefits of CPaaS
- A CPaaS platform usually contains an application programming interface (API), pre-built applications, and some sample code to help you integrate desired application communication software features without building your tech stack.
- CPaaS platforms enable businesses to upgrade communication infrastructure without the expense of hiring expert contractors to restructure the system.
- Developers get to focus on building company-relevant applications and structuring workflows instead of designing ICT infrastructure.
- Businesses can leverage CPaaS to offer more personalized customer service experiences.
- Businesses can leverage CPaaS to track customer engagement and identify improvement points.
What is Communications Platform as a Service?
Communications Platform as a Service (CPaaS) facilitates a cloud-based telephone platform that facilitates communications features for existing business applications without increasing hardware, infrastructure, and technical workforce.
You can develop real-time communications networks minus having to install and structure your tech architecture. CPaaS platforms enable you to integrate desired applications using pre-built applications, APIs, or some simple code.
What are the Benefits of CPaaS?
- Plug and Play: You need no time to get the system up and running on a new platform.
- Easy Customization: Businesses can integrate existing apps with a CPaaS using APIs to improve communication. Sometimes, user communities provide additional integrations using a curated library.
- Minimalistic Training: You train your team to use new software programs and not new equipment.
- Affordability: CPaaS lets you pay only for the services you need.
- Scalability: Businesses can quickly scale performance because CPaaS does not require the installation of hardware infrastructure.
Similarities Between UCaaS vs CCaas vs CPaaS
Here are some expected benefits you get to enjoy with Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS), Call Center as a Service (CCaaS), and Cloud Platform as a Service (CPaaS):
- Easy installation Cloud-based services
- Low-costs in contrast to traditional communication systems
- Automation and Integration
- Scalability and flexibility
- Advanced Reporting and Analytics
Continuous improvements regarding user experience make UCaaS, CCaaS, and CPaaS efficient alternatives to traditional phone systems.